Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's all about timing...and Mother Nature

I've started these seedlings indoors.  They are growing great, but now what?  I need to move them out, but it's not even March yet.  What was I thinking?  I was thinking that I wanted to start early so that I would have time to figure this whole thing out.  I would have time to make mistake and correct.  How did I know that every seed would germinate and grow so fast?

Here is a table of the Fallon, NV average high and low temperatures:

                       Feb     Mar      Apr     May     Jun    Jul    Aug   Sep    Oct   Nov
Avg High:       53       59         66        74        84     92     91      82      70     56
Avg. Low:      23       28         34        41        48     53     51      43      33     24

Apr-May:  Cool Weather
Jun-Jul-Aug-Sep:  Growing season for most plants
Oct-Nov:  Cool Weather

First Frost Date:
Last Frost Date:
Zone: 5b

My next step is to determine when I can set out my various young plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment