Saturday, January 29, 2011

I maybe jumping the gun, but I can't help myself.

The Basil Mammoth seedlings have emerged!  I sowed these seeds on 1/23/2011.  These are Burpee signature seeds which I purchased at Lowes in Fernley, NV.  Looks like the germination rate is great.

One seedling...a new beginning!

For all these seeds, I used Organic Seed Starting Jiffy-mix.  I watered them with spray-bottle water and kept them covered with plastic wrap until today.  I set the pot in a South facing window (i.e. my dinning room) and let them be.  The package states that the seedlings emerge in 7-14 days.  Guess the conditions were right as they have emerged at exactly 7 days!

Update on the basil seedlings.  The date is Feb. 4, 2011.

I didn't sow too many seeds in this pot.  Wondering if I should leave them all here or transplant a few once they grow taller.

They are about 1-inch tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment